Hello everybody! Happy 2nd of January. The second day of the 365 day brand new year. Am sure you are excited for the 2017 and ready to jump into whatever plans you have in mind and whatever dreams you like to achieve.
But before we jump into anything, let us first evaluate where to begin. And to determine the beginning is to understand where we have left of.
So here a summary of the (my personal) yoga journey for 2016.
- Headstand- was so shocked the moment i was able to do it. It made be believe everything is possible.
- Forearm stand- I learned this on May 2, 2016. I felt frustrated (honestly) i was practicing this pose for almost 3 months I can feel my muscles are getting stronger but for some reason i just could not hold the lift. Then suddenly, this happened! Am glad i was able to capture this.
- Handstand – I was able to do handstand this year. I did not placed it on my new year goals since at that time, a headstand was impossible for me! But then after forearm-stand, i practiced immediately the handstands.
- Here is my first attempt on handstand (May 8) which i was so scared afterwards because my hands were not strong enough to hold my weight and i crashed on the floor!
- Here is first successful handstand on November 2. 6 months from May 8 (my first attempt on handstands)
- Learned crow pose
- Crow pose jump back to chaturangga
- Crow pose to tripod headstand. Here is a video of the first time i was able to do it successfully last September 26, 2016. It scared me, but i decided that i had to do it one day, and i thought, this might be the day. And it was.
- Downward facing dog flip to wheel pose- beautiful is what i call this transition and i remember how i thought “it would be nice if i could do that one day”. Here is a video of it.
Today is the day, or sometimes it is not and its fine. 🙂 we’ll get there… We always do. But for me, Today is the Day! First successful attempt on #downdog-#flipdog-#wheelpose transition! and first time to successfully lift a leg for wheelpose variation! so, getting the yogawheel from @theyogaholics_shop was a magnificent idea 🙂 #thankyou2016! #yog #yogapractice #yogaeverydamnday #thursday #wheelposepractice #yogalife
- Chinstand- For this pose i first started with a block supporting my shoulders and a wall to kickup. Without those two it was impossible!
- Here is my first attempt on chinstand
- Here is the day i nailed it without a block, a wall, and a wheel
#Progress surprises and sometimes creeps up on us. So keep doing what you know you gotta do and do whatever that is that you feel you want to do! take a break, pause, skip… it’s all fine! It’s all part of it. If you really want it, love it, every piece of your being will take you back to that. trust yourself and be nice too. You can do it. 1st attempt: with block and wall, feeling impossible 2nd attempt: block and wall but doing better 3rd attempt: no wall, just block 4th: wheel without a wall 5th: doin better without NO SUPPORT!!! Yey!!!! 🙂 #yoga #yogaeverydamnday #chinstandpractice
- Fallen Angel Pose
- Mermaid Pose (but has room for a lot of improvement)
- Eightangle pose
- Side crow pose with one leg
- Forarm variations and transitions
- Scorpion pose on the forearm
Here is what i have to work on:
- Splits- though i posted my splits journey here , i didn’t really nailed the full expression of the pose and it still hurt like hell. So i need to work it out.
- Grasshopper pose
- Cobblers pose
- Firefly pose
- And any other pose that requires open hips
- Wheel pose variations and transitions
- Full dancer’s pose
- Kingpigeon pose
- And any other pose that required open chest and back flexibility.
- Flying pigeon pose
- Scorpion on Handstand
- Chin stand improvement
- and this pose
Before this post ends here is a New Year message from my favorite author:
…I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.”
And here is a behind the scene where my Instagram profile photo was screen shot at:
Have a wonderful year everybody!